Health and Safety
The new Health and Safety at Work Act comes into effect on 4 April 2016.
After 5 years as a Department of Labour (MBIE) H&S Inspector and 5 + years managing the Health & Safety function for a distribution / manufacturing company, Steve has a great understanding of the new Act and is in an excellent position to help you control risks. You have some new responsibilities under the new law. Naturally, you must also ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, your own health and safety while at work.
NewbyHR will be a (PCBU) Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking when the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 comes into effect 04 April 2016 so we have to do this for our business!
Are we worried? No – because we know the new Act and the existing Health and Safety in Employment Act so well.
Should you be worried about the new Act? Not if you get good advice.
If you already are:
- Providing and maintaining a work environment, plant and systems of work that are without risks to health and safety
- Ensuring the safe use, handling and storage of plant, structures and substances
- Providing adequate facilities at work for the welfare of workers, including ensuring access to those facilities
- Providing information, training, instruction or supervision necessary to protect workers and others from risks to their health and safety
- Monitoring the health of workers and the conditions at the workplace for the purpose of preventing illness or injury.
Then you are likely to comply with the new Act